Available Classes for 2023
(Registration Information Below)
This class is for couples desiring a non-medicated birth no matter the setting; in a hospital, birth center or at home. Parents-to-be will learn to prepare the mind, body and heart for labor and parenthood, have a clear understanding of all of the options available to them during their labor, immediately after birth and for their newborn. Learn to recognize the signs and stages of labor, build confidence and trust in the birth process and reduce fears and anxieties. Understanding how mama and baby work together, ways partners can participate, connect and provide support to mama and baby during labor will also be discussed. You will learn natural techniques for coping with and minimizing pain. Breastfeeding, newborn care and care of the mother during the postpartum stage will also be covered in great detail.
Couples means an expectant mother and her birth partner, whom ever she chooses. (husband, partner, sister, mother, etc.) Partner of choice cannot also be pregnant.
Class is taught by Shelby Miller who is an Apprentice Midwife, Birth and Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Educator, Essential Oil Educator, and Placenta Encapsulation Specialist.
Class Location – Family Birth Center – New Braunfels, Texas
Class Times: Classes held on Fridays, from 6:30 – 9:45 pm
- A full course option for families expecting their first baby.
- A partial course option for families experiencing their first natural childbirth, or wanting a refresher course.
- A breastfeeding course for families who are wanting to have a successful breastfeeding relationship with their new baby.
- A newborn care class for families wanting education on infant care, swaddling, diapering, soothing, sleep, baby wearing, car seat safety, and the important role of Dad’s, taught by a Dad guest speaker, and much more!
In-Depth Class topics in the following areas
- Gestation and Anatomy
- Understanding the function of the placenta
- Preparing the mind, body, and spirit for birth
- Adapting to the changes of your body in a positive way
- Understanding all of the options and decisions to be made prior to labor, during labor and immediately after the birth
- Recognizing signs and stages of labor
- The normal progression of labor, transition and birth
- Understanding how your body and your baby work together
- Natural techniques for coping with pain including, breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage techniques, pressure points, essential oils, vocalization, partner support, doula support, and much more…
- Overcoming fears and building trust
- Partner inclusion and support during the birth process
- Understanding evidence-based care
- Birth preferences and creating your ideal birth plan
- Benefits of essential oils
- Labor support – who to have at your birth and how your partner can help you during labor
- Understanding medical support as well as interventions, induction and medical pain management
- Surgical birth and preventing a cesarean
- Options and decisions to be made immediately postpartum
- Understanding your Baby’s perspective / experience of pregnancy and birth
- What to expect in the first few days and weeks after birth
- Newborn care
- Baby Wearing
- Car Seat Safety
- Postpartum care and the health of the Mother
Weeknight Series Classes
Natural Childbirth Education Refresher Course
A 3-part course option for families who have been through birth before and are wanting a refresher course, or experiencing their first natural childbirth.
~ $275 ~
3 Part Series – 14 hours of education, meeting once a week from 6:30 pm – 9:45 pm, for 3 weeks.
Natural Childbirth Education Series, Plus Breastfeeding Education & Newborn Care
A full course option for families expecting their first baby and desiring a natural childbirth
~ $425 ~
*** 6 Part Series – Over 20 hours of education, meeting once a week from 6:30 pm – 9:45 pm, for 6 weeks ***
~ Please Be Advised ~
Registration for each class series closes TWO WEEKS prior to the start of class so that books and materials can be purchased, delivered, printed, and prepared prior to the start of each class series. If you register after that registration time frame has closed, your registration is considered “late registration” and a $25 – $50 late registration fee may apply.
Classes fill quickly. Registering early ensures you a place within the class you need.
~ Spanish Course Option ~
1) Email Shelby the information in section #4 below, to email@example.com.
2) You will receive a Venmo QR Code, within 24 hours, to pay the $125 deposit and secure your place within the class. The $125.00 deposit is credited to the overall total of the class and is non-refundable, regardless of circumstance, as this reserves a space in a class that has limited space.
3) Remaining balance is one week prior to the start of the first class. Payments may be made using Venmo, only, at this time.
4) The following information is necessary/required for enrollment:
- Month and Type of CBE Series (ex: Sept. 6-Week CBE Series)
- Your Name (Expectant Mothers Name)
- Due Date (estimated date of Baby’s arrival)
- Place of Birth (ex. Family Birth Center, St. Luke’s Baptist, Home)
- Email address (the one you would like class details and updates sent to)
- Phone Number (the best way to reach you should I be called to a birth and need to reschedule a class)
- Birth Partners Name & Email Address (who will be attending the class with you – Partner’s email address is required so they can receive participating information)